Making home improvements is one of the only controllable ways to increase the selling value of your home. Even minor adjustments can add value to your home and make it more appealing to potential buyers. Here is a list of some home improvements that you can make that can instantly add value to your home.
- Repaint: This is a simple way to add value and make any room look brand new. Make sure to stick with neutral colors to appeal to most buyers.
- Bathroom updates: The bathroom creates a lot of value in a home, so making sure that the bathrooms are clean and updated is important. Something as simple as changing the wallpaper or putting in new grout can change the whole look of the bathroom.
- Clean or replace flooring: Clean floors make a huge impression and may affect the spaciousness of the room. Be sure to deep clean any spots on the carpet or replace flooring when necessary.
- Kitchen Updates: The kitchen is the biggest value adder but it is also one of the most expensive. Installing new appliances, storage, or materials to a kitchen can influence a buyer into making an immediate decision on a home.
- Exterior/ Yard work: The outside of the home is the first thing a potential buyer sees. Making sure that the yard is organized is important, but don’t forget to make sure the roof is in good shape and the exterior paint isn’t faded.
Make sure that before you start on any improvements to your home that you plan the expense and potential value for each improvement. It is always wise to talk to a professional before starting on any serious home improvement project. If you have any questions or need some assistance with your home feel free to contact JD Smith, our general manager of home improvements, at JdSmith@urbanbuiltllc.com.